Two day Cochrane course
Systematic reviews and meta-analysis of intervention studies
Wanneermaandag 8 juni 2020 09:30 - 17:00 uur
LocatieBCN Utrecht Daltonlaan 100, 3584 BJ Utrecht
On day one of this two-day workshop participants learn to formulate clear clinical review questions about health care interventions, to design a search strategy for identifying studies, to formulate criteria for inclusion of studies, to select studies for further processing and to assess the methodological quality ('risk of bias') of Randomised Controlled Trials ( RCTs). Attention will also be paid to Cochrane, the work processes (team, logistics, planning, contact with Review Groups) and the free software Review Manager (RevMan 5), in which a Cochrane Review is written and meta-analysis is performed. The second day is devoted to meta-analysis, presenting and interpreting the results by constructing Summary of Findings tables (including assessing the quality of the evidence with GRADE) and formulating the conclusions. We will follow Cochrane guidance for preparing a Cochrane systematic review of interventions (see https://training.cochrane.org/handbook).
At the end of the second day, we also offer Cochrane authors the opportunity to work on their own review, with the support of staff members of Cochrane Netherlands.
After successful completion of the workshop, participants will:
- know the various steps involved in conducting a systematic review of interventions;
- be able to write a protocol for an intervention review;
- be able to frame the review question and define criteria for inclusion and exclusion of studies;
- understand the principles of conducting sensitive search strategies for RCTs;
- be able to assess the risk of bias of RCTs (Cochrane’s risk of bias tool);
- be able to perform meta-analysis of RCT results by the use of RevMan;
- be able to explore heterogeneity in study findings;
- be able to construct Summary of Findings Tables and to assess the certainty of the evidence with GRADE;
- be able to interpret and present the results.
Deze website maakt gebruik van cookies
Deze website toont video’s van o.a. YouTube. Dergelijke partijen plaatsen cookies (third party cookies). Als u deze cookies niet wilt kunt u dat hier aangeven. U kunt dan geen video’s op deze website zien. Wij plaatsen zelf ook cookies om onze site te verbeteren. Deze gegevens worden niet aan derden verstrekt. Lees meer over het cookiebeleid.