This study examines the COVID-19 vaccine from the company CureVac. There are two study groups and upon participation, a draw will determine whether you will receive the experimental vaccine or a placebo. The chance that you will receive the vaccine is 50%.
You and the researchers do not know whether you are receiving vaccine or placebo. After the first vaccination, a second vaccination will take place 4 weeks later. After that, there will be 4 telephone appointments and 4 visits to the research center during the first year. This will be followed by up to 4 more telephone appointments in the second year. It is possible that the study period will be shortened, e.g. if this experimental vaccine is approved by the regulatory authorities and will be widely used.
You can participate if:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You have not had a Corona (SARS-CoV-2) infection.
- You have not received a vaccination at least 28 days for live vaccines and 14 days for non-live vaccines such as the flu shot.
- You are not being treated with an unregistered drug or vaccine.
Women can participate when:
- You use a highly effective method of contraception for up to 3 months after the last vaccination, or abstain from sexual intercourse for up to 3 months after the last vaccination, or
- You have been surgically sterilized, or
- You have passed the menopause.
- Women cannot participate who are pregnant or breastfeeding.
If you are participating, you must:
- attend all study visits;
- be willing to be in regular contact (by phone, email and/or text message);
- notify the research team if you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19.
If you apply through this website you will be contacted by phone to go over the above participation criteria with you. If eligible, a time will be arranged with you for your first visit to the research center. You will visit the research center where it will be determined if the study is appropriate for you, to learn more about it, and if you would like to participate.
Additional visits may be required if you develop signs of COVID-19 during the study.
Reimbursement uitklapper, klik om te openen
You will receive a gross reimbursement of between €875 and €1925, depending on the number of visits to the vaccination site, for participating in this study.
What else do I need to know? uitklapper, klik om te openen
- The research team will explain the potential benefits and risks of the study.
- You do not have to participate in the study if you do not want to.
- If you choose to participate in the study, you can stop participating at any time.
- The study injections and study-related tests will be provided to you free of charge.
- A team of doctors and nursing staff will closely monitor your health during the study.
Enrollment uitklapper, klik om te openen
Register for the study using the button below.